Sunday, May 10, 2009

I found a job!

Hooray!!! I found a job! I did two days of hard searching and God brought me to my new job. I am now an employee at Macaroni Grill!!! I am very excited about the team that I am getting trained with and the management at the restaurant. I think I will really enjoy getting out of the house a couple nights a week and meeting new people.

So that's what we are up to now! I am still babysitting during the day and I might be getting a new little baby soon! I'm super excited about that! Abby is trying out new words every day and that's super funny! Although it's not too funny when she yells,"No No No No!" (we are working on that :-)

Becky just graduated from Focus on the Family. It's an amazing semester long program. It's like studying abroad but not in another country, rather they study in Colorado Springs at the Focus on the Family head quarters! I got to fly out for her graduation. Abby and Eric stayed behind. This was the first time I had left Abby! It was weird and really hard at times (and then she got super sick while I was gone!) but we got through and I think she has forgiven me now.

And today is Mother's Day! I was awakened to Eric and Abby kidnapping me and taking me to breakfast! They had already snuck out of the house and cleaned and gassed up my car. So sweet!

Happy Mother's Day to all Mommies out there! You have the best and most important job ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so neat! Yay! I've been to the Focus on the Family HQ several times and it's a fun place. I even went down that slide. lol!

Adrienne said...

heather. i'm glad you got the job! when do you start? i will give you a call. we still need to get together. i would love to see abby. i can't believe she is talking now. time flies. ttys!