Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dishes

Doing the dishes can become quite a project when there are little girls in the home who are so excited to learn and help out! One of Abby's favorite things to do is sit in the sink while I wash dishes. I give her her own rag and she picks out her cups from the hot, bubbly water and pretends to wash them. Even after I finish all the dishes she can sit in there for about 15 minutes more, just playing with the water, which gives me a chance to do some good cleaning in the kitchen.



The other night I had Abby's two cousins, Alena and Sophia, over for a while so their mommy could have a chance to grocery shop. I started doing dishes and everyone wanted in on the fun. I had some help with washing, drying, and Sophia just hung around and oversaw the whole process.

It was definitely quite an experience with all three. (I hope those dishes were washed well.) It's a bit distracting trying to keep an eye on everyone while I work. But it's totally worth it! The girls are learning how to work and they are so excited about it. (hopefully that will stick :-) I want to encourage all the mommies out there to slow down their work pace and include their kids. Everything may not be done to the level of perfection that you like, but what's more important, a squeaky clean counter and floor or precious time spent with your child? I choose allowing Abby to help out. I hope you do too! Blessings!

3 comments:

The Porter Family said...

Dude...I'm about to be on cloud 9 with your 2 BLOGS IN ONE WEEK!!! Ahhhh!!! Good job. And yes, totally agree, it's WAY better to have time with the kiddos than a squeaky clean kitchen!...Well, that's what I hear anyways! I'm not a mom quite yet... :)

A Full House said...

How cute is that! I love the picture of you with the three little ones. Naked Abby in the sink... precious!

Becky Claflin said...

I treasure these blog updates Boss! I love the pics - I need to add pics to my blog more often. I love to just go on your blog and enlarge those pics of abby and just look at her :) I miss her so much - and I miss you too ALOT! Love you tons and happy organizing!

Becky